Friday, March 18, 2016

Giant yarn blanket


I love love love this blanket. It took me far longer to make than it should have, but only because I kept taking it apart to start over again. The yarn is hand-spun, I dyed merino wool from a farm in Indiana; I ordered it on etsy. They're called Colorways. It feels AMAZING. 

As previously mentioned, I don't always finish my projects (blame my ADD - I start a different project, or simply get distracted). The knitting is complete, but the ends have not been woven in (in this picture). Nor has it yet been blocked. I love it all the same. It is very warm an snugly. 


The blanket is made of giant yarn, using 150 gauge needles. The blanket itself is not giant, but it's fine for five foot two me. 

I'd love to make a huge blanket in this material, but that's a bit in the future. This blanket took five skeins (1lb each) that sell for $39/skein. (I paid $135 for the yarn & needles in a kit.) I'm not in a hurry to shell out $300 for that extravagant yarn. 


That's my baby, Annie, in the background. And you can see one of the 150 gauge needles next to my tiny hand. 



Annie loves making biscuits on this blanket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment