Friday, November 25, 2022

First rolls ever

 I made rolls. Kevin and I made them, but mostly I did it. It was the first time ever without Daddy. He’s been gone three years, and it had been a while before that.

My task this Thanksgiving was to bring rolls. After making last years’ delicious, albeit cold in places, mashed potatoes, I was demoted to rolls. (The crowd was large last year, and keeping that many potatoes warm with my single oven didn’t cut it, apparently.) We bought enough Sara Lee pre-fab for all, but I truly wanted to make Daddy proud. Thus, Wednesday evening, I introduced my tipsy hubs to the joy of baking bread products from scratch. It was easy, in my mind. Maybe not so much for hubs, but his knowledge has expanded as have the things that bring him joy.

Using this recipe:  https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/big-batch-quick-dinner-rolls-recipe we created two dozen rolls in less than two hours. Most have been consumed, but these remain:




They’d have benefited from five more minutes in the oven when eaten directly from the pan, but the process of reheating them takes care of it. All in all, I’m pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment